Job Opening – Bee Control: Pest Control Technician
Welcome to Bee Control – Pittsburgh’s leading stinging insect control company. Not only do we specialize in stinging insects but we live for the adrenaline rush and excitement of working with stinging insects and helping our clients be rid of these potentially dangerous insects!
- A Company-provided truck, gas, phone, and iPad.
- Pay ranges from $18-$25 per hour with options for commission as well as bonuses and overtime.
- Our schedules are busy and insects are plentiful, so our workweek is usually Monday through Saturday from early April until June and then Monday through Saturday with every other weekend off from June through October.
A Bee Control Technician works with customers and staff to provide our clients with the best prevention, control, and removal options for their stinging insect issues.
Being a Bee Control Technician is more than just a job. It is providing a necessary service with kindness, courtesy, and a smile. After all, who wants to deal with stinging insects in their home and yard? We assist in solving problems that homeowners and other companies can’t fix and we make our clients comfortable in their home.
As a Bee Control Technician, we want someone that is a hard worker with a strong work ethic and isn’t afraid to get dirty (or stung!).
- Can follow directions
- Adapt to change quickly
- Able to solve problems on their own and sometimes think outside the box
- Are organized
- Are friendly and outgoing
- Are motivated to succeed
What can you expect as a Bee Control Technician?
- Our technicians are mobile and not in an office.
- You won’t be tied to a desk – your truck is your office.
- YOU are Bee Control. You are the face of our small family-owned business, and our clients rely on us and you as a Technician to provide prompt, professional service with a smile that protects their homes, families and businesses.
- Training will take place under certified staff. Certifications and licenses will be paid for by Bee Control so no experience is necessary.
- Once training is complete you will be working with customers on your own!
What your days will look like:
- Your day will rarely be the same day to day. Different homes, different customers, and different experiences will make up your day. You will be applying our products to client’s homes to prevent stinging insect issues and removing nests in locations that may be underground or three stories up.
- Your truck is your office. Our Technicians must have good driving skills as you will cover some ground. You will take your truck home at night. You will use it daily to respond to service calls and any emergency calls. You’ll have a company issued phone and tablet to manage paperwork and appointments. Our Technicians are our company. We will provide you with uniforms and trust you to represent us well.
- You will be responsible for building relationships with our customers, confirming appointments, helping with sales to new customers and answering questions regarding our products, pests or our policies and procedures.
- We want our technicians to comfortable with technology, yet it is important to have strong communication skills so that you can text, call, talk, and write effectively. Though we utilize technology, there is some paperwork as well, so good clean handwriting is always a plus.
- You’ll be exposed to many different environments and situations that will help you to grow as a Technician and as a person.
What is Required:
We do require that our technicians have a high school diploma or GED. Higher degrees are always welcome. Experience with stinging insects or pest control is a plus.
- Solid reading, writing, verbal communication skills, and the ability to present information in both internal and external settings.
- You will need the basic math skills of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. You’ll need to be able to follow mixing instructions on product labels.
You will need a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Bee Control will assist you in getting the proper certifications and training for the licenses needed to work in pest control.
Pest control can be physically demanding at times and mentally tough when it gets busy. Our Technicians need to meet some minimum requirements to perform the essential functions of this position.
Here’s what is needed:
- You’ve got to be able to move up to 20-40 lbs. as you move containers or other objects needed.
- You need to be able to carry up to 35lbs on your back (4 gallons) in a backpack sprayer to apply chemicals.
- Pest control is a physical activity. You will be sitting, balancing in attics, kneeling, bending, crouching, etc.
- Climbing is an important part of your skill set. Climbing ladders, stairs, scaffolding and even bucket trucks are a common occurrence. Having good balance is also important as you will be on roofs, narrow walkways and other areas that may be elevated.
- Equipment is expected to be kept clean and functional, trucks driven with safety in mind, and responding to our clients in a kind and positive way.
- Being detail oriented is a benefit.
- Person Protection Equipment (PPE) is required (respirators, gloves etc.) at times and will be provided.
- Being comfortable in small places like attics and crawl spaces and not being afraid of heights is a plus.
- Insects don’t stop when the weather is bad and they certainly don’t live in nice clean places, but we work around those things and provide you with the tools and equipment to be safe and comfortable.
- Most of the work is outside, but you will need to go into homes and buildings in all climates – hot, cold, wet, dry, clean, and dusty.
- Our environment changes often so you may be in a nursing home one minute and then working around heights, mechanical stations, fumes, electrical units etc. We will train you how to handle all situations.
- Most importantly – we work with stinging insects daily and there is a possibility of getting stung, but we train you and provide you with the gear to minimize that from occurring. You’ll come away having a job that takes you somewhere different every day and experiencing something different around every corner.
Please send your resume to Bee Control at email@example.com to apply. Any questions you may have about the position may also be emailed to this address. Thank you for your interest!